Dec 20, 2011

Chris Sarandon in Fright Night (1985)









Chris Sarandon in Fright Night (1985)

So, I haven't checked out the recent remake with Colin Farrel, is it worth watching? I heard some negative things but what you think?

Either way, I wasn't overly impressed with the original, (might be another reason for my hesitance on the new one.) guess I missed the timing on this one; perhaps if I'd seen it in theater in the 80s I would think differently.

This is also one of those rare occasion where I find the male actor more alluring when he is clothed. The highlight is definitely the dance sequence in the club, it was packed with sexual tension and electricity—the way Amanda Bearse pulls on Mr Saradon's loose collar, and how she moves her hands across his physical contour, beautifully acted by both actors. Mr Sarandon is a fine looking man, but his sexuality resides more in the aura he emits than his physicality, at least according to my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment