Sep 3, 2023

Donnelly Rhodes in The Neptune Factor (1973)





This is a rarity for the blog—a actor featured not in the state of shirtlessness.

But Donnelly Rhodes is so appeling in a Scott Bakula + Mike Rowe kind of way I just have to give him a spot here. Unfortunately all we have (for now) is observing his beauty through a (one! just one!) layer of fabric. Hopefully I will be able to dig up his other works, and something amazing will surface!

As for The Neptune Factor (1973)... I just have to say its poster art is way too good for this low-budget sci-fi, Fantastic Voyage it is not. No undersea adventure can be convincing to any adult, if the 'monsters' are basically aquarium fishes magnified...

4 comments:

  1. Mr. Rhodes appeared in SOAP, often shirtless. I'd start your hunt there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved him on "Soap!" And I'm a "Golden Girls" nut and he's on an episode of that. So hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! I'll definitely seek that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that episode of Golden Girls. He plays a guy named Jake who's the caterer for some event the girls are throwing. He and Blanche start dating, but it fizzles when she realizes he's not high class enough.

    ReplyDelete