Dec 18, 2009

Hsiao-Chuan Chang in Eternal Summer (2006)



Hsiao-Chuan Chang in Eternal Summer (2006)

Wow, I'm been exposed to some quality films recently; I hope this momentum will keep going!

A Taiwanese production, about young love, self identity and relationship. It is really a well crafted film; the last few moments at the beach is especially moving, with blue tinted visual, moving performances and an emotional score. Even though the open-ended approach received a few complains among the viewer, personally I thought it was very appropriate; reality is never packaged with a tidy little knot. Again, another foreign film I recommend checking out.

Hsiao-Chuan Chang, previously featured in My So Called Love, (ugh, I'm still frustrated the fact this potential film turned out to be a train wreck.) this is actually his breakthrough role, and the various shirtless scenes (and sex scene!) immediately put him on the spot as the most desirable man in Taiwan. A title he wholly deserved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment