Oct 28, 2009

Tyrone Power in The Black Swan (1942)



Tyrone Power in The Black Swan (1942)
more info about this movie @IMDB

I first know of this film from another screencap site; the pictures were small and fuzzy (probably from a VHS source.) but the scene look interested enough for me to keep this movie in mind. Am I glad now that I've checked out this greatly entertaining film!

The rich Technicolor cinematography, the set, the costumes, all compliment well to a story that's filled with action and romance.

And this is how I discovered Tyrone Power; this is a great vehicle for him, there's no one moment I detect his "acting," every gesture is just so natural and fitting. Besides, being cast as a pirate, meaning there are tons of moment of him being shirtless, so the part of me seeking that is happy as well!

1 comment:

  1. You're so right, Tyrone was so natural in The Black Swan! I think he was brilliant, and I paid quite a bit for a copy of the movie but it was so worth it. The movie is excellent and the use of colour is fantastic. As well as Tyrone being a great actor, he was absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete