Jan 30, 2011

James Farentino in Violent Midnight (1963)








James Farentino in Violent Midnight (1963)
more info about this film @ IMDB

Ah, it's good to be back! After all the holiday and job chaos of December and January, definitely miss being able to watch movies on a consistent schedule again. I hope everyone like the blog's new look, with an extremely limited HTML knowledge, I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. Now, how about let's get on with the show?

This is not the my first encounter with Mr. Farentino, I actually fell in love with him from the soap opera, Dynasty, where he appeared as Dr. Nick Toscanni  for the first 2 seasons. (I have yet to finish watching the seasons, but eventually I will post his scenes from the series, there are definitely shirtless moments to look forward to.) To be honest I actually did not recognize this young lad as Mr. Farentino at first- since this was made 20 years prior. The movie is not at all horrible, typical small cast thriller from the 60s produced on the cheap. (Which I strangely love.) However the twist ending has been utilized to death over the year, it is not difficult guessing the murderer from miles away. As a supporting character, he is well-placed here as the hot-blooded rebel, which provided him with abundant opportunity to lose his shirt.  But I have to say one of his greatest asset is his eyes; I can just stare at the very first screen capture all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment